• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force embedded preview files in library?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team, is there a way to force the display of the embedded preview files of RAW images (Nikon Z9) instead of the RAW images in the library module?
The preview files are perfectly adequate for assessing sharpness and such, however it seems to be completely random at what point Lightroom decides to display only the full RAW photos. Even with the M1 Max processor, however, smooth scrolling of 50MP images is not possible. I know I can have preview files generated myself. However, I see absolutely no point in doing so, since the camera itself already provides preview files that serve wonderfully as previews at the beginning of the import. Why can't I force this myself also in the further course of processing?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot force 'Embedded Previews' after the files have been imported. That being said, in future, when importing the files into LrC you would choose 'Embedded & Sidecar'  in the 'Build Previews section of import 'File Handling' (see attached screenshot)

Untitled-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines