• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezes everytime I try to upload images

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple really, Lightroom 6.13 on my mac opens up fine, but when I click on the import photos or video tab it freezes, I've tried without a card reader, and wont let me download from my hard drive either. When the card reader is plugged in USB, I can actually see the images on the card, but quickly freezes so cant navigate around. I've tried different ports, rebooted, optimized. Any Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Ah. OK, from the menu, from the File tab, the Import screen fails, OK, your preferences file is probably corrupt. Reset the preference file. The following links discuss thy why, the how, and provide some incite on what will happen. read them all

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations---lightroom-6.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getoutandshoot  wrote

Simple really, Lightroom 6.13 on my mac opens up fine, but when I click on the import photos or video tab it freezes

It freezes? What does "it" mean? The entire computer, or just Lightroom, or just the Import dialog box?

Also, please state your operating system version NUMBER (do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Lightroom freezes. It works fine as long as I don’t try to open import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro Late 2013 3.7 GHZ  Version Maverick 10.9.5 operating system. I went through customer support, after 20 minutes or so of trouble shooting, (We even tried from a new catalog and it still froze) they suggested upgrading my mac. Just dont understand how it worked fine before, but today it didn't. I haven't changed anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are any cell phones or tablets (like an iPad) attached to the computer, disconnect them (literally remove the USB cord from the computer) and try importing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplugged everything from the computer. Restarted, still does the same thing. Make note it does not let me import anything from anywhere, even my hard drive. Whenever i Select the import tab it just freezes lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you said LR freezes, but does clicking the cancel button at the bottom right of the Import dialog box do anything?

A couple of things to try (but really, these are just guesses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t get that far into the import to cancel the import. It freezes instantly. No videos on card. As stated, I can’t import files free m anywhere in my computer, card, internal or external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And did you try the other things I suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched customer support take over my screen and I believe they did this. I know they disabled the graphics processor. I did double check and it is unchecked. I did find the Preference files, and it list two:

com.adobe.Lightroom6.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

Should I try to delete the shared as well as the Lightroom 6.plist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would delete whatever file is mentioned at the link I gave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask a few dumb questions for clarity.

1. You launch LR, it comes up and you can navigate in the library module?

2. And you can work in the Develop module?

3. From the library module you click on Import (just this one click) and the import module comes up?

4. Not doing anything in the Import module. Not selecting any images, not altering any settings, Not selecting to actually import  Is LR stable or does it fail at this point?

5. Just navigating over on the left, selecting source for images, Do not do anything else, does LR behave? Getting at an issue with a particular source folder.

6. Just, up top, change your actions, from Copy, to Copy as DNG, to Add, etc, do nothing else, any issues?

7. Just altering settings on the upper right, select destination, do nothing else, any error messages, does LR behave? Getting at any issues with a particular destination folder.

8. Just altering the other various settings on the right, do nothing else, does LR behave?

9. And this probably just leaves the actual button to accomplish the import, If all above worked, I assume this is where it fails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it!

No issues with 1-8. Lightroom lets me export, but dont you dare select "Import Photos and Video" because I will let you down and crash!!! Do you think upgrading to Mojave would help? I'm running maverick 10.9.5 right now but am always hesitant to upgrade because other older programs may not work, but I dont understand why it would make a difference being it worked fine before and I changed nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> "No issues with 1-8. Lightroom lets me export, but dont you dare select "Import Photos and Video" because I will let you down and crash!!!"

This is self-contradictory. Your second sentence indicates you can get no further than 3.

Has anybody suggested updating to 6.14 or rolling back to 6.12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Mojave. Still does the same thing. I can open the "File" then "Import Photo and Video", but then when I select any source location, including hard rive, external, internal, and external card reader it freezes. on step 3 it does let me open the window with one click and the import module comes up. Not sure what you mean by number 6? Copy to Copy to DNG?

At any rate I can get as far as having the import module open, it does not crash here, it does crash if I select ANY of the available locations to which I can import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Mojave, Lightroom 6.14, optimizing, trying from a new catalog, trying from internal and external drives, card readers, it still failed when I went to the file drop down menue, then import photos and video, it STILL crashes...BUT, when I select the tab on the bottom left of the window that says "Import, then go to select my source for the import it works!!!! Who can explain this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You state "Import Photo and Video"

Now, on mine it is just Import (either with or without an actual video)

Image 1.png

Are we on the same page? That button bottom right corner, second from right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidg36166309  wrote

You state "Import Photo and Video"

Now, on mine it is just Import (either with or without an actual video)

Are we on the same page? That button bottom right corner, second from right?

I think the OP is referring to the File menu, where it does say "Import Photos and Video .."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. OK, from the menu, from the File tab, the Import screen fails, OK, your preferences file is probably corrupt. Reset the preference file. The following links discuss thy why, the how, and provide some incite on what will happen. read them all

https://lightroomers.com/replacing-the-lightroom-preference-file/745/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARt-hoCc2Q

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations---lightroom-6.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/recover-catalog-images-resetting-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, not necessarily, I did reset the preferences, but that did not help. Here is my screen. You will see there are two ways to import. One from the file drop down and one on the bottom left. I was always used to using the file drop down and its the way I did it for years. Then I was with Customer Support and they clicked on the import tab on the bottom left and it worked!

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 1.19.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidG36166309 that was it!! I actually changed a different preference before...but did the one as instructed in link from youtube as suggested and BAM! It worked! Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post the link to the YouTube video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines