Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Freezing when moving photos between catalogs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new Surface 8 tablet with Windows 11.  I am having having trouble with Lightroom freezing up when I try to import photos or move from one catalogue to another.  I also have installed plug-ins but they are greyed out (including Photosop) and I can't see them in the plug-in manager  Please advise how to fix the problems.  I just downloaded the latest version of Lightroom from the Creative Cloud so unless there wa an update in the last few days that is not the issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the "latest version" NUMBER of your Lightroom App.

Post a screen-clip of the report from the MENU: Help > System Info...

Can you expand on your description of "freezing"? Are you seeing a [Not Responding] message?

What do you mean by "move from one catalogue to another"? Details please.

Which Plugins? Not all 'External Editors' appear in the Plugin Manager!

"including Photoshop"- Greyed out?  Commonly caused by 'Missing' files.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.0.1, Photoshop 23.0.2, Lightroom 5.0, Bridge 12.0, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines