Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new to Lighroom and Photoshop. 

Been using Lightroom CC for a few months. Just opened Lighroom Classic for the first time as I learned it has more features than CC. 

Can I import photos already in Lightroom CC into Lighroom Classic? When I asked Classic to import - it pointed itself to my Mac Hard Drive (Pictures) or my iPhone. 

I want to import raw file photos from CC into Classic. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Lighroom stores your raw files in the cloud you will need to download them locally first, into an external hard drive preferably. Then you can import your images from the external drive into Lightroom Classic. Lightroom and Lightroom Classic do not work together though so you may want to keep that in mind. They operate as completely separate applications. What features in Lightroom Classic are you most likely to use that aren't in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the helpful reply.

The Crop tool overlays in LR C are useful and don't reside in LR. 

The extensive meta-data in LR C is also of interest. Probably other features as well but I am not far enough along to know.

As it turns out, I have hundreds of duplicate images in myAdobe LR Cloud file system. (Not sure how they were generated but think it tracks all the way back to Apple iPhoto to Photo migration. Duplicates exist in Photos folders as well.) 

These duplicates do not present a problem for LR. LR C, however, cannot sync properly - just an endless "loop" of sync count downs and starting right up again. Adobe tech support advised I need to delete all these duplicates to fix syncing in LR C. Without sync, even if I get newly created files (photos) into LR C - which I now know how to do - they cannot sync due to this preexisting problem. 

To remove all these duplicate images frommy Adobe  LR Cloud account will be extremely tedious and time consuming based on the method demonstrated by Adobe tech support. Therefore I will probably stick with LR and avoid LR C altogether. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines