• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'from Lightroom Collection' vs 'All Synced Photographs'

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I synced Lr (cloud) to LrC (classic). I thought all the synced photographs would be in the 'from Lightroom' collection,  but it's 4,000 less than the number in 'All Synced'. Is 'from Lightroom' just the photos that were in albums in Lr?   

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The All Synced Photographs Collection that shows up at the top left in the Lightroom Module shows the images that have bee synced fro LrC Collections that have been selected to sync and all image files synced from mobile devices and Lr (cloud-based) app that are signed into your Creative Cloud account. See the screen capture, you can also see the collections that have been synced as the lightning sign will show that they have been synced.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 4.56.59 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. So after doing a sync from Lr to LrC (new catalog) not all the synced photos will be in the created  'From Lightroom' collection. I guess I misinterpreted some migration instructions I was following. I'll be deleting the full-res images in Lr at some point so want to be sure they're all in LrC now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnl03 wrote:

I synced Lr (cloud) to LrC (classic). I thought all the synced photographs would be in the 'from Lightroom' collection,  but it's 4,000 less than the number in 'All Synced'. Is 'from Lightroom' just the photos that were in albums in Lr?   

The 'from Lightroom' collection set contains collections that were created when Lightroom cloud albums were synced down to Lightroom Classic. So these are albums you created in Lightroom. All Synced Photograps contains all synced photos, so not only the ones in Lightroom albums that were synced down from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic, but also the ones synced up from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom, and photos that synced down from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic that were not in any Lightroom album.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification Johan. That's what I suspected, thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines