• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Lightroom to Photoshop Camera Raw?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help.  How can I open multiple images from Lightroom 5 to Photoshop Camera Raw?  I can open multiple images to Photoshop with no problem.  But if I have more than one photo in Photoshop, I will only let me open one of them to camera raw and not multiple images. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

jasonp45928347  wrote

Thank you.  So I'm assuming my best bet is to install Bridge?  Although I'm clueless with Bridge. 

From Bridge you can highlight multiple images and they will open in Camera Raw. However, they will not include the adjustments you have made using Lightroom unless you have intentionally written changes to XMP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to open an image in Camera Raw from Lightroom is to send it to Photoshop as a smart object. Unfortunately, you can only open one image at a time in Camera Raw that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  So I'm assuming my best bet is to install Bridge?  Although I'm clueless with Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jasonp45928347  wrote

From Bridge you can highlight multiple images and they will open in Camera Raw. However, they will not include the adjustments you have made using Lightroom unless you have intentionally written changes to XMP files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my photos in Lightroom.  How can I move or select the ones I want to open in Bridge?   Also from bridge "film strip" can I then open them in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step back a bit. Lightroom allows you to avoid using Adobe Camera Raw. Make the adjustments in Lightroom, then open multiple ones in Photoshop, and don't waste your time trying to do things the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently he is using an older version of Photoshop. He doesn't understand all that's involved in trying to make this work and I don't want to take the time to explain it to him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can do that in photoshop but that's not what I'm wantInfo. That's why I inqui about camera raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might not want to do it, but you should do. Then you wouldn't be contorting your workflow with questions like "I have all my photos in Lightroom.  How can I move or select the ones I want to open in Bridge?   Also from bridge "film strip" can I then open them in photoshop?" If you use LR properly, you hardly ever need Camera Raw or Bridge - and you'll have more time for the fun creative stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kinda redicolous as the new ACR has a much better updated interface than LRC.

Adobe needs to this mess with ACR / LRC / PS / BR ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maruhana wrote:

This is kinda redicolous as the new ACR has a much better updated interface than LRC.

Adobe needs to this mess with ACR / LRC / PS / BR ...

Is there a reason to post this today in a 5-year-old forum post and is there some assistance you need opening multiple raws from LR to Photoshop (the topic here)?

Some of us find Lightroom Classic has a much better-updated interface than ACR, and can provide far more functionality. 

Not ridiculous or redicolous, just a differing opinion. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is Adobe fails to create a smooth workflow for photography despite (or perhaps because) of too many apps partially doing same things however none of them doing all that are needed. I am constatly loosing time trying to establish a streamlined and unclutterd workflow but I keep loosing time batteling the file organisation etc.

Lets, for example take the LR / BR situation. Partially the functionality is the same. BR is a better browser organiser reflecting the folder structure at all time. With ACR it is also a better RAW editor. But it lacks a few things like stitching or capability of taking plugins. So one needs to run both apps for just few scenarios. 

OK, I could take that if there was at least some solid integration regarding stacks, labels and sorting. However this is not working well. The tags can only use the the system but soon end up with the stupid white tags in BR etc.

Lr kinda does it all but what is the need for manyal folder synchronisation? Why cannot it be automatica like with BR? Also the interface is some 2000s quasi interface baroque. It is not simple clean and well readable. ACR and BR interface is following the readability while LRC is stuck in past ...

But yea, I agree this is not the forum for this. However, which one is?

You can delete my posts if you feel it is appropriate ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Maruhana wrote:

Lets, for example take the LR / BR situation. Partially the functionality is the same. BR is a better browser organiser reflecting the folder structure at all time. With ACR it is also a better RAW editor. But it lacks a few things like stitching or capability of taking plugins. 

Lets not.

The functionality differences between Bridge (a simple browser alone) and Lightroom Classic, a true DAM with multiple modules for other tasks may not be clear to you. But perhaps you'll consider opening a new modern post about such differences and where you need support (or if you desire, a feature request in the appropriate forums for these products**) that have nothing to do with this very old discussion you've resurrected and hijacked which is now over.  

* https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines