• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP Connection Problems

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble FTPing from Adobe Lightroom Classic (v11.3.1) to my IONOS (1and1.com) server.

In particular, I have been FTPing web picture galleries from Lightroom Classic to my IONOS (1and1.com) server for years.  I never had any problems to speak of, and I have uploaded hundreds of web galleries containing thousands of pictures over the last few years.  The process was easy, quick, and painless.

Recently, I have encountered FTP connection problems with the IONOS server.  I blamed IONOS for the problem; however, their tech service wizards say there is nothing wrong on their end.

With IONOS tech services assistance, we checked to make sure my log-in credentials were correct, and they were.  The tech service reps say they had no problem logging-in using my credentials; however, I have problems trying to log-in (or FTP) when I use Lightroom Classic and Dreamweaver.

When I attempt to upload a Lightroom web gallery, I receive the following error note about 6 out of 10 tries: “FTP transfer failed with message ‘an unknown error occurred.’”  The other 4 FTP attempts may (or may not) be successful.

If I try to access the IONOS server via Dreamweaver (v21.2), I receive the following error message 4 out of 5 tries: “An FTP error occurred – cannot make connection to host.  Your login or password is incorrect.  Please check your connection information.”  Obviously, if my login information was incorrect, I would never be able to login to the host (but I can approximately 1 out of 5 times).

One of the IONOS tech service wizards also helped me download and set up FileZilla.  I am able to connect to the IONOS server most of the time on the first attempt (using the same exact login credentials that I use for Lightroom and Dreamweaver).  If I knew how to upload a Lightroom web picture gallery from FileZilla to the IONOS server, I would start doing that immediately.

Can anyone offer helpful words of wisdom?  Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?