• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji raw files are all ".RAF" and lightroom unable to read them

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using my FUJI camera.  Previous camera a NIKON.   Will continue using NIKON as it has a lense I do not have on FUJI.

I shoot in Raw.  Fuji files are "RAF".  Lightroom says they cannot be read.

I am sure there is a simple solution to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Verify you have the latest version of LR by doing Help > System Info. If you have any version before 10.3, then update LR by doing Help > Updates.  If you still can't import the .raf files, then check if your camera model is supported yet by LR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify you have the latest version of LR by doing Help > System Info. If you have any version before 10.3, then update LR by doing Help > Updates.  If you still can't import the .raf files, then check if your camera model is supported yet by LR:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from 9.1 to 10.3.  My camera is a Fuji XT4.  The camera is listed on the supported camera list with a note indicating multiple copies of a image exist within a file.

It worked.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 101:

And note, that the column "Minimum Lightroom Classic version required" is want you are interested in. 

Well, if you never subscribed to an Adobe Plan, and are still on the old stand alone perpetual license, then "Minimum Lightroom Perpetual version required", but unlikely any new cameras and defiantly not if RAF compressed.

What you are not interested in is "Minimum Lightroom version required" that is for Lr Coudy, aka by us old farts as LrPOS. (see I am not an Adobe Fanboy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to updsate from 9.1 to 10.3.  

I thought I was updated....my new camera has been out for at least a year and is on the list.

Suppose my updates were not up to date

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I shoot in Raw. Fuji files are "RAF". Lightroom says they cannot be read.

What is the exact unedited word-for-word error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines