• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji S2/s3 .raf files save half the size

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about LR Classic update 10.2, my Fuji s2/s3 raw (.raf) files when exported are 6mp instead of 12mp. 

Also, when trying to use the enhance feature in LR Classic, it distorts the image and it is unusable.

If I revert back to LR Classic 10.1, all is well, but there was no enhance feature with that version.

I opened a case a few months ago, and after hours typing with support got nowhere, except was finally told the issue would be fixed in the next update. Two updates later, same issue. HELP! imac Big Sur, everything up to date.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the cameras would be a FujiFilm FinePix S2 Pro (6.2 MP) , and a FujiFilm FinePix S3 Pro (12.3 MP enhanced)?

Supported in all LrC versions.

I do not see how the S2 could provide 12MP images.

note: on these old cameras, online info is lacking, some difference of opinion on sensor size.

Also, what value in LrC are you looking at? A screenshot would help.

And remember MP≠ MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both cameras produce a 4290x2800 image size. Both cameras show this resolution in LR classic. If you export a raw image to jpeg, it is reduced to 3008x2005. I have found that if you open the file in Adobe Bridge, then open in ACR, and save it as a jpeg there, it retains it 4290x2800 file size.

This problem never happened until LR update 10.2

Ive been using these cameras for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen capture of the export dialog which the display the settings you are exporting with?

Do you have a crop applied to the file?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it is not that the RAF files are being reduced in size at import, it is an issue with the export to JPEG.

Completely different issue than in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when trying to use the enhance feature in LR Classic, it distorts the image and it is unusable.

from (ref 1):

"Starting with Lightroom Classic 10.3 (June 2021 release), Enhance Details is renamed to Raw Details."

and the system requirements may have changed especialy GPU

Ah, but of more importance, in (ref 1) the list of non supported file formats

Fujifilm cameras with SR, EXR, or 2x4 mosaic sensors.

:

And your camers, does it not have an SR sensor? See (ref 2)

(ref 1): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/enhance-details.html

(ref 2): https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms3pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sr sensor. This explains the enhance details not working, but why when I export to jpeg, it's reduced to 6mp, it doesn't do this in LR 10.1 or previous. All setting in export dialogue are correct. I have 20,years experience in LR, and own over 40 cameras, only the Fuji S2/S3 started this issue with LR 10.2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sr sensor. This explains the enhance details not working, but why when I export to jpeg, it's reduced to 6mp, it doesn't do this in LR 10.1 or previous. All setting in export dialogue are correct. I have 20,years experience in LR, and own over 40 cameras, only the Fuji S2/S3 started this issue with LR 10.2. 

By @edwrada26752105

You were asked to show us the export dialog settings. So show us screen capture(s) so we can see they are all correct. Also show a screen capture of where you see 6mp.

Please include the screen captures in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.33.42 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.34.25 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.35.01 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't read the text in your screen captures. It's too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.33.42 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.34.25 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.35.01 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have to say, I am stumped at this time.

I am not a Mac person, so I throw out a comment (and maybe Mac people will laugh at me becuase this is way off target, or maybe I'm onto something, I don't know). Do you have a Retina screen? And could this reported image size difference be an effect of this Retina screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I revert to LR 10.1, all works well. I believe Adobe is no longer seeing the individual S and R pixels as in the past. And they have refused to fix this most likely due to the age of theses cameras. What's weird, is there's a work around through Adobe Bridge, but what a pain. Side note, converting jpeg(SOOC) to jpeg works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that last screenshot, looks like image on LrC is the RAF, file in Finder the JPEG, resolution (never mind about file size) different.

Inquiry, The JPEG, what does LrC state for resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3043x2036

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you place a raw in dropbox so others can test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, do I need someone's email to add to the folder to share?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Dropbox. No, you do not need an email.

In the Dropbox page you should be able to Copy a Link that you can post in this forum for anyone to download the file.

2021-09-06 12_14_50-Files - Dropbox — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

If you do click on the [Share] icon you will get a "Share" dialog that allows a specific email, but again this is not necessary unless you want to only send the link to ONE person. This dialog also allows you to copy the link (for anyone to see when you post)

2021-09-06 12_13_40-Files - Dropbox — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

An example of a Dropbox link-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp0nq2n27739jzr/Range%20Mask%20Trick.mp4?dl=0

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my WIN 10 rig, same result, exported JPEG is smaller.

1.png

2.png

5.png

went and exported to TIFF as well, same issue

Also, in PS, brought up the RAF, saved as PSD, also small:

6.png

if too small to read, resolution same as JPEG in LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Any chance Adobe will fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Edit/Followup/ Below just indicate what camera processed the image./ My bad, disregaurd

4.png

How about a RAF from the camera, not using Digital Camera FinePix.

Or is that some bit of info via the camera? DId you copy this by putting SD card in SD card reader, or via Camera to computer via USB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera is now 16 years old. I would not at all be surprised if Adobe are possibly limiting the raw conversion capability of Lr-Classic for the S-Pixel / R-Pixel sensor. Apparently depending which pixels are used you get a 6mp or 12mp image file.

Have a peek at this review-

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms3pro

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can always use the Photo> Enhance feature in LrC to create a 12mp image file when needed. It's rendering may even be better than the in-camera 12 mp image file. Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines