Fujifilm GFX50s II no GPS data inside Lightroom after import

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Ligtroom Clasic ver 10.4 Camera Raw13.4

running on iMac 2019 whith Big Sur 11.6

When I import RAW photos from my new Fujifilm 50s II i do not get any GPS data in lightroom.

When I open the same RAW file in Photoshop I can see the GPS data also i IOS Finder show information I can see the GPS data.

Hope this information will help you to fix the bug.

Best regards

Lars-Ã…ke Nygren

choke@choke.se

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Research on-line shows me this camera does not have GPS. How are you recording the GPS?

https://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm/slrs/fujifilm_gfx50sii

/followup/

Are you embedding the GPS into the images in camera via a smart phone?

https://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/gfx50s-ii/menu_setup/connection_setting/#general_settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thats correct but it has bluetooth and coneected  with my iPhone it will store GPS information in the file. As I wrote before, I can see in Photoshop and in Finder/details. GFX100s have the same function and there it works fine.

Best regards

Lars-Ã…ke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to post an example RAF in dropbox orother so that others can test on their copy of LrC v10.4

Could try to find example RAF on web, but with embedded GPS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have an import metadata preset that's clearing the GPS field (a fairly common mistake).  Quickly verify this: In the Import window, set Apply During Import > Metadata (in the right column) to None and do an import.  If that works, then edit the existing metadata preset and uncheck GPS.

If that isn't the cause, then do as GoldingD suggested and upload a sample raw to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops I am so sorrry - my bad misstake.

johnrellis - you are absolotly right it was the checked box in metadata that was marked. Unchecked it it worked just fine.

Must have been using non preset when I did the import from my GFX100s this summer.

Sorry for that but now I have learned something:-)

Thanks for your support I am very impressed.

Have an nice weekend

best regards

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. (It's a fairly common mistake, since the the GPS checkbox on the metadata preset is buried deep in the user interface.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines