• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Photos not being shown during import on Lightroom Classic (11.4.1)

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After shooting a wedding and feeling confident after viewing my photos in Macbook's Finder, I initially jumped when I saw that in Lightroom Classic, all of my photos had their outside edges chopped off. I've been working as a photographer for the past 5 years now and have made plenty of mistakes in camera, but I'm sure now that this is either an accidental mixup with my preferences, or a bug with Lightroom's newest update. Regardless, I know my photos don't actually appear how they do in Lightroom. It is however, an inconvenience to my selection and editing process.

Attached are examples of my issue:

This is how the photo appears in Finder

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 6.21.14 PM.pngAnd this is how it appears in Lightroom

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 6.10.58 PM.png

Any info or experience with this issue is greatly appreciated as I don't want to start my editing process by playing a guessing game!

Thanks 

Brandon

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You show how it appears in the import dialog.

Please show us how they appear after importing, in library.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import screen is not a place to judge image appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import dialog it appears you have Zoom applied in the view display. See the screen clip from the file in your post. Try clicking on "fit" to display the full image.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is showing that Zoom is set to Fit. It's a zoom slider and the text on the right indicates the current zoom level. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct Sean. My error.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines