• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

full scratch disk in lightroom classic mac laptop

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi every time i try and use my program it says the scratch disk is full. spent 2-3 hours this am deleting files from my laptop files to free up storage and this hasnt helped. is there somewhere within lightroom that my deleted files are being stored that i can clear?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't use a scratch disk. What are you doing when you see this message. Open Photoshop and check what's is selected for the  scratch disk. Go to Edit> Preferences> Scatch Disks.

Scratch Disk.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does use a scratch disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yes and no. Any application that runs out of available RAM will need to write to disk. This is normally handled by the operating system and that's what Lightroom does.

Photoshop is a very special case because it has huge bandwidth needs that other applications are nowhere near. That's why Photoshop has its own dedicated memory management system. Other applications don't need that, and coding it into the application is a major operation that is basically a waste of resources.

Disk space is general computer maintenance. It's your responsibility. If your system disk is full, you need to take some action to keep it operational. Don't blame the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free space do you have?

Look in LR how much free space is reported at the top of the Folders panel in Library. Also check the Storage tab in 'about this Mac'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines