• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gave up LR 6, moved to Classic, paying $10 a month for a buggy product the locks up all the time

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For real, what is the deal. I am running an i7 with 64GB of RAM. I turned off the GPU support and this thing still runs like crap!

More money, less stable product, WTF?

Can I pull the catalogs from Classic back in to LR6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom Classic are you using? There was just a Lightroom Classic update to V10.2 that fixed a lot of issues for some users.

No, the catalogs from V10.x cannot be used with V6.x.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.1.1 I will download the updated version and see if that helps. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"less stable product"

What issue do you have?

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If freezes when editing. Then "catches up" works a little bit and freezes again. I saw some articles on this, that is why I turned off the GPU support. I will try the new release and see if that helps. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the new 10.2 Classic. The freezing has gone away, YAY! Now, i get strange color shifts on my second monitor. Again, totally new issue, works fine in everything else. So, did they put more effort in to the product when it was getting burned to a CD? (I have used LR4, 5 and 6, this is by far the buggiest) Is it just a post it up and fix it later process now with the Subscription? Are we paying to be beta testers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

Now, i get strange color shifts on my second monitor.

Check to make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date

Others have noted a similar problem. Check these out through a Google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines