• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get color cast when switching from healing to content-aware back to healing on single selection

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic v12 on a M1 chip macbook air (12.6)

You can now select a previously edited item and switch between clone/healing/content-aware in the heal panel, by clicking on the icons in the panel. This is how I changed from healing to content-aware back to healing.

I selected and edited out the right-hand steel plank with the healing tool (looks good). I made the sparks line up. I then clicked on the content-aware tool (looks OK) for this selected region. Then back to the healing tool with the same selected region, moving the reference area so the sparks line up. All work was done with a single selected editing area. Now the edited area is really teal colored.

The final version takes a really long time to switch before/after with the keystroke \. I think it's still calculating something to do with the AI oriented content-aware, even that isn't needed anymore.

I expected that the first healing to look basically the same as the last healing.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Thanks for the extra info.  I will create a formal bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you switch from healing to cloning or CA remove, then the last healing action you did is also switched to that tool. If you do not want that, then first close the tools and reopen them before you switch to another tool.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the images attached? The result is not acceptable. I think it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at attached images is a pain, because you can only see one at a time. That's why I usually only do that if I think I need to see them to understand the question. If you want people to see your images properly, then do not attach them but embed them using this button: F2095A98-F7E6-46AD-8693-D62C0E955FCC.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with what @JohanElzenga said about attached images 100%.  I also did not bother to look at the attachments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK here are the images inline for future readers:

Original image (selected the plank on the right)

20220903-20220903-DSC03114.jpg

I cycling the mode healing/content-aware/healing without changing the selection.

The selected area in first heal image was brown, not teal. 

The selected area in content-aware image was brown, not teal. 

The selected area in final heal image is teal. 

20220903-20220903-DSC03114Copy 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an issue when doing a change of the tools from Heal, Content Aware and back to Heal.

Original portion of photo

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.06.06 PM.jpg

First Heal

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 2.59.59 PM.jpg

Switch to Content Aware

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.00.16 PM.jpg

Switch back to Heal.  The artifacts remain no matter where you move the source.

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.00.46 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is a BUG here.  I think I have discovered why the above examples were causing an issue.  The Feather of the Heal function changes when you swith from Heal to Content Aware and back.

Heal tool setting when first used

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.24.45 PM.jpg

Heal tool setting after switching back from using Content Aware

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 3.29.50 PM.jpg

The Feather always changes to 75!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this as a bug yesterday, but the posting got bumped over to discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tanyar55988521 

Can you duplicate the Feather changing in the Heal too as I demoed above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob Somrak 

I started with a Heal feather of 21, then selected Content-Aware, then Heal feather. The feather size got updated to number 75 on the panel but looks unchanged on the image (concentric circles.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that the feather resetting to 75, the color cast problem, and the artifacts problem might be two or three separate bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the extra info.  I will create a formal bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use the ESC key before picking another tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines