• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting import date files structure back?

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my import date strucutre the way I wanted it and after an os upgrade can remeber what I did? have a top level folder for each year, and the month folders within. Before my OS update I was able to import and the new images would go into a month folder withing the year folder. But now when I get is the year folder gets duplicated within my existing top level year. See the screen capture to illustrate.

I know it is something simple, thanks for the help.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

It is important to understand that any of the Date Format Presets that contain a forward slash [/] will automatically select the appropriate 'Year' folder.

You do NOT highlight the 2021 year folder in the Destination panel, instead you highlight the Parent (above the Year folders) that could be {My Pictures}, {Lightroom Photos} or similar.

Then the Import will use an existing {2021} folder (or create it automatically) and add the {Month} as a sub-folder.

In summary- With the [/] templates- ALWAY

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have chosen 2021 as the subfolder, you don't need to put 2021\. You just need to put Aug in the second line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont seem to have the option to just use August? the feild is not editable, only the drop down menu options are available??

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 7.35.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is important to understand that any of the Date Format Presets that contain a forward slash [/] will automatically select the appropriate 'Year' folder.

You do NOT highlight the 2021 year folder in the Destination panel, instead you highlight the Parent (above the Year folders) that could be {My Pictures}, {Lightroom Photos} or similar.

Then the Import will use an existing {2021} folder (or create it automatically) and add the {Month} as a sub-folder.

In summary- With the [/] templates- ALWAYS choose a Top-most parent folder (above the {Year} folders) in the Destination panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rob_Cullen is correct. You should select the folder above the year and the rest will get filed automatically. If you select the year folder, you will get a subfolder created in this with the year repeated again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines