• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the Dead Wood Out Of My Creative Cloud Photos

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My creative cloud storage is nearing capacity.  The vast majority of the photos are ones from my phone.   The vast majority of those are "nothing special."

I'm in the habit of rating the photos, leaving no rating for photos that aren't notable.

They are also sync'd to a NAS drive I have locally.

I would like to remove all the photos stored in the creative cloud that have no rating, and instead just use them locally.   We are talking about 30,000+ photos.

I want to maintain the version I have locally with the existing file structure.

Does anyone know of a good approach for this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

This link may be helpful:

How do I remove photos from Adobe Cloud sync? (lightroomqueen.com)

As always, I recommend testing this carefully and end-to-end first using a single test image, just to make sure it is going to do what you want. Also, as always, a very recent backup of all local image source files as well as of the Catalog, is a very good plan before carrying out any mass task like this.

So far as selectively removing according to ratings: you might filter the view you have of All Syn

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are talking about the software named Lightroom (Lr icon) and not the software named Lightroom Classic (LrC icon), then you have posted in the wrong forum. You should post in the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighroom classic is what I'm talking about.  My phone syncs to the cloud, lightroom classic pulls it down to local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link may be helpful:

How do I remove photos from Adobe Cloud sync? (lightroomqueen.com)

As always, I recommend testing this carefully and end-to-end first using a single test image, just to make sure it is going to do what you want. Also, as always, a very recent backup of all local image source files as well as of the Catalog, is a very good plan before carrying out any mass task like this.

So far as selectively removing according to ratings: you might filter the view you have of All Synced Photos, so that (temporarily) it shows only photos that are currently synced, AND that have no more than zero 'stars'.

I advise also making sure your local NAS procedure is not going to later innocently sync down the DELETION of all these files from the cloud location, leading to an unwanted corresponding deletion of the local copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREAT answer.  You gave me a lot to look at as well as good tips!!  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines