GPU Acceleration clarifications requested

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopeful that with the latest version of lightroom classic and with Adobe claiming at Adobe Max that it was designed to take advantage of RTX cards that moving from a GTX 1070ti to RTX 3080ti would make some noticable difference to the UI and things like subject selection but so far I see no difference when in use. The most disappointing thing was subject selection didn't change at all (I didn't know if it would or not though tbh).

I've bounced between GPU off, GPU Auto, and custom with everythign enabled but there's no difference in anything that I can detect.

I'm running an AMD 5950x on 64gb ram, all off M2 drives. So the system is fast as is but I was expecting more unless I'm missing something. I even installed the studio drivers.

Is there a list of what benefits from GPU Acelleration with Adobe, specifically relating to Lightroom 11?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is there a list of what benefits from GPU Acelleration with Adobe, specifically relating to Lightroom 11?"

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html 

"When configured (Preferences > Performance), Lightroom Classic can use a compatible graphics processor (also called a graphics card, video card, or GPU) to speed up tasks of displaying and adjusting images in the Develop module, the Library module's Grid view, Loupe view, and Filmstrip. Enhance Details is also accelerated by the GPU. Using a compatible GPU can provide significant speed improvements on high-resolution displays, such as 4K and 5K monitors."

This hasn't been updated to include the new masks Select Subject/Sky.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines