• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Error at Denoise AI with AMD Radeon Graphics

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI Denoise does not work on my fairly new ASUS Zenbook Pro 17. The best results are images that are interfered by small colored squares randomly placed in the dng. (I enclose an example image.) But most of the time AI denoising stops processing, giving out an "unknown error", followed by the "GPU Error" ("The graphics processor has encountered an unrecoverable error. ...")

I tried to deactivate GPU support by default, but then AI denoise does not work at all.

When I activate GPU support by default, it crashes all time.

When I set it to Auto, it crashes most time, but sometimes it works - but with the small color patterns in the dng-results.

I also changed the settings of the AMD radeon to "Gaming performance" (= full power) after updating the driver.

Any ideas what else could solve the problem?

Or is the up-to-date AMD Radeon Graphics just to weak for the new denoise feature? That would be upsetting, because the Laptop is only 4 months old and i bought it especially for picture editing.

_________

Here are some system infos: (The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 6800H with Radeon Graphics (3.2 GHz)

Lightroom Classic version: 12.3
License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition [that is false information, it is Windows 11 running on my system!!]
Version: 10.0.22621
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3,1GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0,0%
Built-in memory: 14079,1 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 2733,7MB / 2021,7MB (135%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 14079,1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 3675,6 MB (26,1%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 6207,1 MB
GDI objects count: 969

Memory cache size: 149,4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.3 [ 1451 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 912MB / 7039MB (12%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1301MB / 14079MB (9%)
System DPI setting: 120 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 1920 pixels
Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (31.0.12028.2)
Init State: GPU disconnected  [after GPU error]
User Preference: Auto

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) DxO PhotoLab 6
3) DxO PhotoLab 6 Importer
4) Flickr
5) HDR Efex Pro 2
6) Nikon Tether Plugin [I could not remember to have this activated on my running system]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's integrated graphics (not a discrete GPU), it's most likely underpowered for this. Generally, integrated GPUs are simply not sufficient for running current versions of Lightroom/ACR/Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am afraid you are right. I did some tests with a similar powered laptop, but with dedicated GPU, and it worked fine. So I hope ASUS will be obliging and let me swap the Zenbook I purchased just 4 months ago for a modell with Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do, you may need to disable the integrated GPU to avoid conflicts. All laptops come with dual graphics these days, a potential problem for Lr/ACR/PS which all use the GPU for actual data processing (not just display).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Miraculously it worked for a couple of pictures (but it took like 100 seconds for every picture, compared to the other system I tested (with Nvidia 3050 GPU), where it took 9 seconds per picture). After 5 pictures the error message was back, and since then Denoise AI was not able to finish one single task. Even if the laptop is freshly rebooted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction: It took 30 seconds with the other system, not 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"AMD Ryzen 7 6800H with Radeon Graphics (3.2 GHz)"

"DirectX: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (31.0.12028.2)"

The installed graphics driver is out-of-date. Download the latest from here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic... 

and see if the default installed settings work before tweaking them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I updated the driver, but it did not help. When I started "Denoise" it came to an error after 60 seconds and the AMD Radeon graphics was being disabled in the settings by Lightroom. Looks like I need a laptop with a dedicated GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines