• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grahics cards for Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to upgrade my existing pc to run lightroom classic and photoshop. I am really confused about the graphics card requirements. I have found 2 pcs that meet the other system requirements but I don't fully understand the graphics card requirements. The two pcs I'm looking at have the following cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce® MX350 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory

• Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory

Both seem to score over 2000 in the video card benchmark test but adobe have said that the intel card isn't compatible with lightroom classic. Can anyone advise on what I need to be looking for in a graphics card?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What issue are you trying to solve with a graphics card? Be specific.

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic? What version NUMBER of your operating system?

Where does Adobe say that the Intel Iris Xe is not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to buy a new laptop and I want to get the right specification.

I had a chat with adobe support yesterday and they told me that the intel card is not supported.

I'm on lightroom classic version 10.2 and I'm looking at a new laptop with Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am going to be using the laptop for photo editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Naturally, laptops with higher end specifications (CPU and GPU) will run Lightroom Classic better than laptops with lower end specifications. If you get a laptop with a standard HD screen (1920x1080 or 1920x1200), you will not need a powerful GPU, and it doesn't have to meet the specifications stated by Adobe because you won't need to turn on the graphics acceleration in the GPU. If you get a laptop with a 4K or larger screen, then you will likely need a GPU that meets the listed specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines