• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics card questions

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with Adobe lightroom classic and photoshop puting weird artifacts into my images when I attempt to edit, after several hours on line with support with little to no resolution they have inforemed my that my Graphics card which is a Radon RX550 is not compatable and I will need to upgrade.  I was looking at a GTX 1650 it shuld work in my computer and the bench mark is has a benchmark score above 7800 but before I spend that much on a new card wanted to see if anyone is using this card with lightroom and photoshop and if they are having any problems or recommendations.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom Community @William28602309rgn6. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Lightroom Classic & Photoshop are you working on? Is there a specific pattern of steps you take before the artifacts start appearing?

While the upgrade will surely help, before you do, try some troubleshooting if you haven't already.

In Photoshop, go to Technology Previews > Enable 'Older GPU mode' & restart Photoshop.

As a process, try cleaning & reinstalling the GPU drivers on your computer. Check this for help: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Let me know if the issue exists. Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already installed the latest Windows 11 updates and as well the latest Graphics card drivers, Some of that helped but did not completely help, I see artifacts appear during processing does not seen to be any one tool that causes it.  If I hit Reset and try again often I’m able to edit without the artifacts reappearing.  So that tells me its not my files and I have another editing program that I used to use before I switched to Adobe and that is working fine.  Although it is far less powerful than Lightroom Classic.   According to Adobe the issues are being caused by anytime the artificial intelligence modules are working be it in masking in Lightroom or the delete and fill option in Photoshop, I get weird lines and colors that just appear.  I went and ordered the new card and I hope to have it later next week, hopefully it will perform better and I sill not have the problem.  As far as versions go I’m using lightroom classic 12.2.1;  Camera Raw 15.2 and photoshop 24.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen capture of these weird artifacts. Use the Insert Photos icon. Do NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also really like to see what's going on and what you're seeing about your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-26 161200.jpg

This is one example, this barcode like lines appear sometimes when I edit in lightroom they show up there or sometimes when I edit in photoshop, as I convert the file to a Tif file these lines appear.  they also appear if I try to edit in Topaz Denoise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these artifacts appearing after you accomplish any AI masking, perhaps AI Sky, and if so did you accomplish any healing or cleaning post AI, masking, as opposed to pre AI masking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with that image I did a crop and then used the AI masking tool to bring the image to have a bit more pop,  Then I went to edit it in photoshop the image looked good in lightroom, but when I converted to a tif file so I could work with it in Photoshop all those lines appear, also tried to open it in Topaz denoise with the open with lighteoom settings option and same thing, but if I open the image in Photoshop then convert it to a tif file I do not get the lines, but I also so not have the ability to work with the raw file, it also opens fine in other editing programs, Now so far if I just open the image in lightroom and make no changes at all and then edit in lightroom that seems to work fine, but again that is not why I started to use lightroom, I want to use it to edit.  I'm waiting on a new comuter powersupply and the new graphics card to arrive, hopefully once they are installed it should according to adobe support work.  If not I may have to start looking for a diffrent editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to this issue, I installed a new Graphics card a new GTX 1650 and although it made things better the problem was still coming back once in a while,  I then noticed that although I had installed the latest Nidvia drivers and I removed my old RX 550 card but it looks like the drivers for that card remained, I did a full uninstall of all the AMD video drivers and all the issues have gone away.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines