• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gray corner appears on upper left of any image

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue with lightroom for some time now when I am editing photos.

There is a grey cast/shadow/mark on the left corner, on every picture I import (pls see attached photos). It appears harsher on some photos than others depending on the editing/preset. I've  deleted lightroom, reinstalled, and even updated to a newer version,  (I currently havelightroom classic. 9.4 camera raw 12.4) but the problem remained.

I've played with every button on lightroom with no luck.

Iā€™ve also tried to enable profile corrections and changing the make of the lens profile . Unfortunately, that did not work. Although, i should mention, when I attempt to alter the distortion via manual lens correction, the grey triangle does temporarily go way , but only if i am holding on to the mouse. it reappears immediately after i release the mouse. I hope that helps.  If i export a photo, the grey triangle appears as well. I'm not sure what to do at this point. please help. thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

As Rob mentions this looks like a Graduated or  Radial Filter has been applied with a preset or by accident with sync settings or Auto Sync. To confirm open the Radial Filter and click on Reset in this panel. If still there repeat for the Graduated Filter. You can apply the reset to all of the affected image files using the Auto Sync function.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera:

Are you taking RAWs? Convert the pic on the camera and check the result. Does this hapoen with all of your lenses?

Lightroom:

Do you appy presets during import?

I've had a darkened corner with a broken lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for answering.

no they are not raws. yes this happens with any lens. the picture appears normal on the viewfind of my camera. it also appears normal after importing to lightroom. I add presets only after importing to lightroom. for testing i imported a picture taken with my iphone camera. (pls see photo). the grey triangle still appeared. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you reset the development of the picture. It does seem
strange, I'm still guessing this is a preset applied during import.
Lightroom doesn't change the base file, it only keeps the edit instructions.

(Btw. strange that you use Lr for Jpgs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything attached to your lens?A out if position hood? A thick filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me like you have a Gradient Filter active- possibly in one (or multiple) presets, if the presets were created by you.

2021-10-26 08_27_50-Roberts Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

And @tlieser (Btw. strange that you use Lr for Jpgs) NOT strange at all! Lightroom-Classic can work with all file formats! That is its purpose!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Rob ! i needed to reset the graduated filter. im so releived ! So appreciative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rob mentions this looks like a Graduated or  Radial Filter has been applied with a preset or by accident with sync settings or Auto Sync. To confirm open the Radial Filter and click on Reset in this panel. If still there repeat for the Graduated Filter. You can apply the reset to all of the affected image files using the Auto Sync function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks to your detailed instructions, my issue is resolved . i needed to reset the graduated filter . thank you , thank, you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines