• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

grid problems

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to move the grid to compose, LR removes the grid and zooms to 100%.  This used to work well.  I have used LR for years and not seen this issue.  Is something new, or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that your LrC preferences file is corrupt/damaged. Try resetting as described in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read though the description in the link, and I am confused.  When I get to the step that says to select a different catalogue, what catalogue should I select?

Several times there is a warning that photos might be lost, so I am not sure I wan to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry. That warning is needlessly confusing and alarming. You won't lose your catalog or your pictures if you reset the preferences. All you may have to do (but normally that is not needed) is tell Lightroom where your current catalog is, hence the advice to write that down.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it!

This is much better.  I notice that when I click in the crop box wth the the small hand as the tool,it zooms in, which is probably how it is desgined.The edges work as expected.

Many other details changed as well, so I wonder if my LR was getting updated.

Thank you to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems my LR is back to producing a high level of frustration for me. I need to edit several thousand images. Every image needs to be cropped. Every time I touch the crop frame with my mouse, the crop frame vanishes and the image zooms in. After more attemps it will adjust the crop, this process is needed for each side. What used o take me 15 seconds now takes a minute.  With thousands of images to edit, this is not acceptable. 

I am ready to abandon LR for something that works for what I need. It was fine, not any longer.  I looked a luminar, and it seems fine for working on a few imags, but not for thousands.  What is available to replace LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...when I click in the crop box wth the the small hand..."

I think you may be clicking the cursor in the Navigator Preview panel!- Do not do this. It will apply the Crop (if one has been made) and 'zoom' to the crop border.

Do all crop adjustments in the main window and then click on [Done] on the Tool Bar, or click the Crop Tool again to close the crop function. Keyboard [R] will also toggle the Crop Tool on/off.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the Develope module.  I do not use the Navigator window.  Never saw a purpose it.  I use the main window, loupe view. 

It does not do this every time, which make me think that I am doing something wrong, compuers are consistent.  I worked through several images with no issues, then it zooms in on the next one I work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot replicate your problem. The only time that I see the 'Hand' icon (with Crop Tool active) is when the cursor is within the boundaries of the Crop Box. Holding the left-mouse button clenchs the fist and allows the image to drag behind the crop box.

If you have multiple images you want to Crop exactly the same- Select all the images, switch 'on' AutoSync, do the Crop. (Remember to switch AutoSync 'off'!)

If you 'draw freehand' a crop on one photo on the Filmstrip, then just mouse-click on the next Filmstrip image, the Crop tool remains active for another freehand Crop. Set the 'Aspect Ratio' and Lock the padlock if you want the same 'Ratio' crop on every image.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines