• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grid View cuts filename

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Lightroom Classsic has caused me a few headaches as it arbitrarily decided to change the look that I had set up.  Most frustrating thing is the Grid display.  I've managed to get the large grey image number top left, but when I added the file name back to the bottom of the thumbnil, I loose around half of it as the row below overwrites it.

Hoping someone has a fix for this,

Rgrads

Nigel

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That shouldn't be happening. Can you show us a screenshot to demonstrate the problem in the grid, and another one of the Library View Options display (Cmd+J shortcut while in the Library module) with the Grid View tab selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, it only happens on the portrait style images.  Landscape style are fine.

Grid View.pngLibrary View Options.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After testing. in compact cell extras, select top label, select file name. In Bottom Label, choose something else (flag, rate, label, etc), or turn off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to depend on the aspect ratio of the portrait images, most of my portrait shots are OK (using MacOS 11.4), though some of them get quite close to the bottom edge, almost to the point where the bottom of the filename is being cropped. I'm pretty sure this was an unintended outcome when some grid scrolling amendments were made in a recent update. I would expect improvements to be made in a subsequent update, but in the meantime it's probably a good idea to post your issue, along with the screenshots, at the official Adobe feedback site. That should bring the problem to the attention of the engineers, which would improve the chances of a subsequent fix. You can make your post here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of Lightroom Classsic 

Not exactly good practice. Often to state "latest" as  "latest" turns out to be not quite completly correct.

now from:

Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices

Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers
The more information you supply about your issue, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. If you're unsure on how to do this, you can copy and paste this template:

Explanation of the issue including what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you were trying to achieve, and any other information you may think is useful.
Adobe product and version number 
Operating system and version number 
Error message(s) (if applicable)
Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc. 
Screenshots of the problem (if applicable)

for example, on my rig, I have Lightroom Classic v10.3, OS is Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19043, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am using Lightroom Classic 10.3 but in IOS 10.15.7

I think that is the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am using Lightroom Classic 10.3 but in IOS 10.15.7

IOS or MACOS, IOS refers to an iPad or a Smart Phone, MACOS refers to a computer, be it a MACBook, a n iMAC, or MAC Pro.

Latest MACOS is v11.5.1

Latest IOS is v14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for not getting terminology exactly right.  I will remember for the future.

I am not being offered any upgrade from Lightroom CC version 10.3 via Creative Cloud, nor any upgrade of MacOS from 10.15.7.  This maybe because I am using an older iMac and need to upgrade to get newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic v10.3 is the current one, so no surprise that an update is not offered, their is none.

Current minimal MACOS requirement for LrC is 10.14 so no big issue (10.15 recommended)

(ref) https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

MACOS CATALINA requirements: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP803?locale=en_US

MACOS BIG SUR: https://www.idownloadblog.com/2020/06/22/macos-10-16-big-sur-system-requirements-mac-device-compatib...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/EXPERIMENTED, THIS IS USEKESS INFO

So, two areas to look at.

1. LrC, /Preferences/Interface/panels, Font size, actuall probably not this issue.

2. MACOS, on the MAC, /System Preferences/Displays/Resolution/. Is it set fir default, or scaled, if scaled, for what text suze. If default, consider scaled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not normally chose to view compact cells. So, selected that, I get a similar result.

See my workaround reply just after your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines