Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Half My Image Is Black

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

First time asking a questions so if I don't have enough information here, please ask. I'm not very technically inclined so don't use big words lol. I have one image when I import to LR or PS the lower half of the image is black. I can see the entire image in Nikon viewing software but when I bring it to editing software half the image is black. I emailed the image to myself and a friend and it's the same. My friend can see the entire image but when he imports to LR it's half black. Does anyone know what would cause this?

TIA!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that the image file is corrupted, and the reason that the Nikon viewing software doesn't show it is that the software is showing you a JPG preview of the raw image.

If you still have the image on the camera card, you can try deleting it from your hard disk and importing it again from the camera card using different hardware (if possible), so if you used a card reader, then connect the camera directly to the computer, or vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I no longer have the image on a card. It's an image from last year, all the other images from the file are fine. Of course it's the one image I would like to process. Is there any way to just use the JPEG preview that I am able to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The JPG previews are small versions of the actual RAW image, so they may not be suitable for certain purposes. Yes you can use the Lightroom Classic previews. You would need to use this Lightroom Classic plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again! I'll give it a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines