• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging - Export to New Catalog

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to create new catalog by exporting images. For instance, I'm selecting only PSDs, and trying to create a new catalog just for those images. In my case, my total catalog is about 300,000 images and I'm trying to export about 18,000.

Every time I try this, the export hangs and never completes (even after 36 or 48 hours). Any image what's going wrong? I've attached a screenshot.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the catalog itself is not the cause of "Hanging", and creating a new catalog (even if you succeed) will not fix the problem. Why don't you describe the problem in more detail?

By the way, exporting images is not the way to create a new catalog. You want to use File->Export as Catalog, which creates a catalog, not images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do, @dj_paige. I'm selecting the images I want, and then File>Export as Catalog.

I'm not sure what other details I can provide. I did uninstall LRC and then do a fresh install; it works for one export and when I tried a second export, it hung again as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the Help->System Info box. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply.

DO NOT copy and paste the entire Help->System Info box into your reply. This contains a lot of gibberish (to me) and is a waste of time and electrons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating

Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lr_ss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help at all, @dj_paige?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything that jumps out at me that would indicate the problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Would you mind telling us that where are you exporting the images to and are you able to export to other locations like your desktop?

Please try turning off the GPU option from Lightroom Classic preferences. Go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom Classic and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines