• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard drive showing as full but only used 12gb

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So last night I was trying to import some images into lightroom classic using one of my hard drives, it stopped because it didn't have enough space but on looking into the properties of the drive only 12gb of the 1tb has been used but on lightroom it shows 900 ish gb used. Help I'm confused.  I've changed the drive letter and that hasn't helped. I don't want to format the drive again as I have images on there I want to keep. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"on lightroom it shows 900 ish gb used"

LrC displays the available space, not the amount that is used 😉

"I was trying to import some images into lightroom classic using one of my hard drives, it stopped because it didn't have enough space"

What makes you think it stopped because of that, especially given that you clearly have enough space? Did it show an error message? If so, does it still show when you try to import again? Please copy the exact error message you receive or include a screenshot of it.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. This is a repeated offence. Please check your postings in the future.])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I noticed that around 10 mins ago 🤣 doesn't explain why it said it was full though. Seems to be fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So last night I was trying to import some images into lightroom classic using one of my hard drives, it stopped because it didn't have enough space

By @Ledovir

Are you sure about the destination drive?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines