Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Having problems crating a new lightroom Classic Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have having some issues crating a new catalog in my Lightroom. It just started today.
I basically went to New Catalog, created a new folder for my work, went into the folder, then tried to click create, and nothing happens after that.
The Create button is not greyed out, but when I click, nothing happens. It's just stuck in the "Create a folder with New Catalog" mode"
I checked the properties for permissions, I can read and write in this set of folders, it's on an internal Hard Drive where I have stored many other catalogs. I uninstalled, reset, then reinstalled the program. That didn't help. I created other new folders also, they seem to be stuck in that mode. I'm not sure what to do, or if I am doing something wrong. Just a couple of days ago, I greated a new catalog in the same destination (not folder), and am using the same simple procedure, but nothing is working.
Please, let me know if there are any solutions out there.

Thank you.
LRC actingweird.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021
You have to type a File Name for the new catalog

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to type a File Name for the new catalog

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, I feel so dumb now.....LOL! Sorry.

Please, cary on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could have sworn it did it automatically, but hey, alls well that ends well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines