• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR merge all of a sudden high contrast, high saturation, hot WB

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use HDR to merge all of my real estate photography and all of sudden today when I merge the same (low exposure, correct exposer, and high exposer) images together, Lightroom is giving me an orange, highly contrasted, highly saturated mess of an image that isn't fixable. All my settings seems the same so what is the deal?!?!?!?!?!??!?

You can see the 3 original images and the weird 4th images is the HDR image.4 images-1.jpg4 images-2.jpg4 images-3.jpg4 images-4.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you bro this is the only thing that helped !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sumnicole did you get anywhere with this? I am having the same problem! High-contrast orangey mess 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Settings in Merge.

One change in processing  that I would recommend based on experience with LrC Merge HDR, 

Turn that option for Auto Settings off. Often it work Ok, not great, just Ok, but sometimes, and I have never figured out why, it fails miserably. And I then need, in Develop,in Basic panel, to uncheck Auto. 

Not a real estate photog, my field is Landscapes, might have a few hundred sets of bracketed shots for HDR, even HDR/PANO. Out of the hundreds, maybe one or two set(s)would act wiered with Auto Settings on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deghost  amount

In your interior shots, nothing is moving in the subject matter, select Deghost none.

That is for objects moving, not for camera movement.

In your exterior shots, go with the least amount of Deghost required to deal with objects moving. Too much Deghosting can cause issues. This can often show up in mostly empty sky's. Use  the Deghost overlay to see what might be required. Select the different Deghost amounts to see what changes, consider if going higher is required, consider if going lower will work. Be wary of a Deghost overlay showing up in the bland sky. Your clouds might need some, or maybe not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White Balance, post processing, in Develop module, post merge

So the interior shots, mixed lighting. This is a case where As Shot may be problematic.

In the Develop Module, Auto apparently does not work. The other presets, shady, cloudy, etc, probably not.

Might be a situation to use the WB eye dropper (sampler)

You may want to include a shot of a color checker card, or a grey card in future interiors with mixed light, to use as a standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just really strange. These are exterior shots, 3 bracketed photos. Shot the same way I've shot over 600 properties in the last 3 years, and now all of a sudden during LR HDR merge, they are overly saturated, and detail is gone. It's bizarre......and quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines