Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HDR Merge Becomes Oversaturated with Neon Colors

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

Thanks for this great community! You all have helped me through many technical issues over the years just by looking up existing problems, but this time I come with my own. We merge 3-bracket photos for real estate photography every day, and starting yesterday our merges have unfortunately become extremely wrong.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.02.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.01.39 PM.png

As you can see in the attached photos, the more natural looking photo is one of the three brackets -- and truthfully a more accurate representation of the final merge (most of the time) just with increased dynamic range. Now you can see the merged image is very poorly combined and oversaturated. I can't find any settings that have changed to make this happen. Currently I don't deghost my HDR merges.

Have any of you experienced this or know how to correct this? Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) macOS Big Sur v11.2.1

- Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the attachments coming after an Export process Nick, or taken from inside Lightroom in one of the modules?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Tony!

The attachments are from inside Lightroom, however the export looks the exact same.  It's like the HDR or raw interpretation has changed as a starting point for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you merge the photos, you can ask Lightroom to apply an automatic adjustment as well. Maybe you did not do this in the past and now you have checked this option? It's not a big deal however, because these are still normal non-destructive Lightroom edits, so you can simply change anything you don't like. Lower the Saturation and/or Vibrance sliders. It's fairly easy to adjust the oversaturated screenshot in Photoshop (-40 Saturation is all you need), so it should be just as easy to do this on the merged image in Lightroom. And check if perhaps Lightroom applies a different profile than before.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with @JohanElzenga. I think the auto adjustment is creating the look you don't like. Perhaps you had the auto option deselected previously. Try adjusting your basic settings to reduce the saturation. You could also try changing the raw profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines