HDR merge of virtual copies on Classic

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last two weeks, I've been unable to HDR merge virtual copies of RAW files on LR Classic version 11.3.1.  Reinstalling 11.3.1 didn't solve the problem.  Neither did going back to version 11.3.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the system have access to the original raw image files?

Also have a look at the article at the link below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.5,; LrC 11.4, Lr 5.4, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis

Thank you for the advice.  I have now given Lightroom Classic full disk access.  Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.  I'd like to explore the other issue you raised, about whether the system has access to the original RAW files, but I'm not sure what you mean...

Alan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'd like to explore the other issue you raised, about whether the system has access to the original RAW files, but I'm not sure what you mean..."

Do the menu command Library > Find All Missing Photos -- do any show up?  If so, see this help article:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/ 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not missing any photos John.  My problem is that I can't get virtual copied to merge.  I've tried again just now and I still can't do it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do the HDR the original image files have to be used, virtual images are not actual images they are data files that contain editing info. Where are the original image files located, if they are on an external drive then the drive needs to be connected to the computer.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.5,; LrC 11.4, Lr 5.4, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been creating virtual copies and doing HDR merges of them since I started using Lightroom, about four years ago.  I've always imported the files before merging them.  As I said, it's only in the last two weeks that I haven't been able to do it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried and HDR from Virtual Copies and it works fine.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bob.  Two weeks ago I would have told you the same thing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the result of doing the menu command Library > Find All Missing Photos?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An experiment that might show an issue:

Select the original photos (not the virtual copys for this experiment). Attempt a merge with them. Any problems?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a few HDR merges with original RAW files yesterday D.  No problems.  The issue is only with virtual copies.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines