Issue: .HEIC pictures do not print with the same cropping as seen on screen in the print module.
Lightroom Classic version: 11.0.1
OS: macOS 10.15.7
Printer: Canon TS8050
Description of issue:
1. In the Print module a custom package print is created with various cells.
2. .HEIC files (or virtual copies of .HEIC files) are placed in the cells and moved up and down within the cells using command key+mouse drag to acheive the correct crop within the cell.
3. Image is sent to print using the "Print" or "Printer" button in the bottom right of the print module.
4. .HEIC photos used in the print do not print with the crop as seen as on the screen, but are shifted so that they are at the bottom of the picture is at the bottom of the cell (i.e. they are shifted up). See the attached screenshots of the same picture in .HEIC (top) and .jpg (bottom) formats within the print module and then as printed, where the .HEIC file has been shifted up.
5. This does not happen with .jpg files. A workaround is therefore possible by converting files to .jpg, but this creates unnecessary duplication of files within the catalog.
6. The issue happens regardless of whether files are printed to pdf using the macOS print dialog or printed to Canon TS8050.
Expected result: Lightroom Classic should print the pictures as seen on screen in the Print module.
Actual result: .HEIC files are not printed as shown on screen, as demonstrated by the screenshots.
Copy link to clipboard
Do you have the zoom to fill option selected?
Zoom to fill is not an option on Custom Package, unlike Single Image / Contact Sheet and Picture Package. Even if it were an option I'm not sure why that would cause different print behaviour for .HEIC files from .jpg?
I followed your steps but do not get the same results. The crops appear on paper as they do in the Print module preview.
I would recommend resetting your preferences
This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.
If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences.
1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.
Many thanks for the assistance. I have followed the reset procedure but unfortunately this has not resolved the issue and the .HEIC files still do not print with the same crops as shown on screen.
Are you working from a previously created Print Template? It is possible that the template has a corruption that is causing the bad behavior. If you create a new page from scratch does it misbehave?