• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lightroom CC won't start

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've got a problem where Lightroom CC won't start on my Windows 10 machine. I have tried the fix at https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-not-launching-after-splash-screen.html amd it still won't start. I have also tried rebooting, but when I try to start Lightroom CC the same happens as before.

When I try and start Lightroom CC, all I get is a black banner saying 'Lightroom - Opening Catalog: Lightroom Catalog from 18-02-20.lrcat' which just stays there. In the catalog folder, something strange is happening - two files - a .LRCAT. WAL and a .LRCAT.SHM keep appearing, and then disappearing.

I have been sat waiting for Adobe support for an hour and am about to lose a bit of business from a client who needs an image immediately. Any ideas welcome!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you referring to Lightroom Classic (LrC) as Lightroom CC, that name is no longer used.

What version of LrC do you have installed. Your screen capture shows that you have two Catalog files.

Lightroom Catalog from 18-02-2020 and Lightroom Catalog from 18-2-2020-v10, the second one is for Lightroom Classic v 10.x. Did you upgrade recently?

Include a screen capture of the full folder where the Catalog files reside i.e. let the image show all the files that are in the folder.

Hint LrC can only open one catalog at a time and it appears you are attempting to open the older catalog.

Please provide additional information.

InsertPhotos.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upgraded to the latest version of Classic this morning. I was already having problems with it not starting, but this seemed to be solved by restating the computer. This morning I upgraded to the latest version hoping it would help. When it wouldn't start, even after a reboot, I tried to start it another way - by clicking on a catalogue instead of the usual way - I guess I clicked on an old catalogue version by mistake and now it is stuck in a loop and I can't stop it - so there is the original problem with LR Classic cnot starting, and now the new problem that I've caused myself!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous post, I requested. "Include a screen capture of the full folder where the Catalog files reside i.e. let the image show all the files that are in the folder."

Awaiting your response, also please use the insert photos icon so the image displays in the body of the message.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I had to go out. Here is the full contents. The top 2 files keep on disappearing and reappearing every few seconds.
Thanks for your help.
Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Please note that at the moment I have managed to kill the process and uninstall / reinstall Classic - and it now opens again. Too early to know if the intermittant non-starting problem is still present, but the immediate problem is solved.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines