• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lightroom wont apply any edits i make to old photos despite having original files

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss here, no forum or FAQ seems to have even dealt with this issue. When I go to make edits on my old photos (previous edits are shown in the photo and on the sliders), the sliders move but the photo remains the same. No matter how many edits I change, the photo doesn't change or apply the edits, but the sliders do. When I press 'undo,' it just changes my selection to the last photo, as if I had never moved the sldiers at all.

Basically, I imported my photos from Bridge about a year ago. Since, I have deleted them from bridge, but they still show up in lightroom 'all photos' and do not appear with any icons, exclamations marks, etc. that would suggest the file is not found. I have the original raw files, so re-importing is not an issue, however when i try, the photos are greyed out and say they've already been imported. If they are already imported, why can't I edit them? I understand that the original file location hsa changed, but I basically have no options here to re link the files, since Lightroom is literally operating as if they arent missing, until I try to edit. There is literally no error message, no missing file icon, just complete refusal to edit. I have been searching for answers for hours, somebody save me LOL

I'm working with the newest Lr, on Windows, using cloud.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-clips are worth a thousand words! (The full Lr interface preferred).

"Newest Lightroom" ? So which VERSION NUMBER?

"using cloud" ?  So are you using the Cloud based Version?

'all photos' and do not appear with any icons, exclamations marks,"- That is a Lightroom-CLASSIC function for 'Missing' photos. Are you confusing the two, very different, versions- Lightroom and Lightroom-Classic?

If using Lightroom then your imported photos are in your Adobe Cloud storage (Not local!)

Are you 'on-line' for Lightroom to access your photos?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Rob's questions, if you have moved the original files when working with Lightroom Classic, read here:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible that you have activated a mask tool (like the adjustment brush), without actually applying a mask? That would explain it. You change the slider settings of the mask tool, not the general slider settings. And because the mask tool hasn't applied a mask yet, changing the tool setting doesn't do anything to the image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines