• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Moved to external harddrive-lost EVERYTHING!

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a notification that the scratch disk was full and i needed to create more space. Like a complete fool, I decided moving all of my lightroom folders out of the C drive and onto my external harddrive. BAD MOVE! I lost absolutely everything. I tried to undo it, but nothing is working. I even uninstalled lightroom and re-installed. It isn't letting me import any presets or really do much.. For presets, it sends an error code that presets were previously imported. Any tips on how to undo the ridiculous damage i've caused? PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What do you mean exactly by "I lost absolutely everything."? Are the files (photos, catalog and LrC settings' folders) on your external hard-drive? Can you open the catalog but nothing shows in it? Etc...

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you moved top level folder and kept the folder tree structure it should be easy to relink them inside LrC. Follow the Option Two instructions at the below article. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines