• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!! "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged."

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom (Version 6.0 Build 1014445, Windows 10) most recently with my Sony a6000 (editing RAW images).  I upgraded to a Sony a7ii and went out this morning to take my first shots...upon my return I wanted to edit some photos.  Imported the 15 or 20 RAW images (these files are "uncompressed" RAW images, I didn't have this option on my a6000 -- each file roughly 48 megs) from my card and mapped to the correct folder through Lightroom (same folder I've used to upload my a6000 photos from).  All seemed to be going fine until i clicked the "Develop" tab.  Immediately upon doing so, at the top middle of the picture a black box with white text says "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged."  I googled a fix for this and came across a post from Feb 2017 and it appears nothing worked (uninstall/reinstall, etc., etc.).  The guy was only able to fix the issue by going through the "chat" support feature on the Adobe website.  Well, they're not open on weekends, so was seeing if anyone had any suggestions/quick fixes.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

You are using the Original Release of LR 6. you need to Update it to the most current version, 6.10.1. You can do that from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Manually download and install the CC2015.10.1/6.10.1 update for your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that the files may be getting corrupted in some way, as you are able to import into the catalog.

Corrupted files often look ok in the library grid view (or as thumbnails in other programs) but the raw data has the problem.

The Sony a7ii needs v5.71 minimum, so you should be able to edit.

Good advice would be to update to v6.10.1

(If you had an a7Rii, then you would need v6.1 to edit.)

Do you import direct from the camera, or use a usb card reader?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

When importing photos I simply use the USB cable and plug that directly into the comp/camera.  Same methodology used on my a6000..never had any issues previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For every new camera LR has to be updated to support it properly. Even if LR supports a model very similar to a newly released model LR still has to be updated.

As stated before you are using the Original Release of LR 6 which came out sometime in 2015. you need to update it to support that newer Sony camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Original Release of LR 6. you need to Update it to the most current version, 6.10.1. You can do that from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Manually download and install the CC2015.10.1/6.10.1 update for your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, I'll update to 6.10.1 and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue as mentioned above but have the most up to date version of LR and am not sure why it "corrupted"/cant read files all of a sudden after it let me edit the gallery?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 6.10.1 and that did the trick.  Thanks guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines