• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Someone "hacked" my metadata?

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finally getting around to editing some older photographs in Lightroom Classic Not only is the quality poor (I was using a D7100 and the metadata says D7000...) but there is someone else's name in the creator and copyright fields in the metadata. Can anyone explain how that has happened? I haven't yet checked other old folders. My new stuff is fine...

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would need more information to explain how YOUR images got hacked. Looking at the situation from my perspective, it would seem unlikely for that to happen unless someone hacked your computer. Or, perhaps you downloaded or received some images from that model of the camera and forgot about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you imported image files shot with someone elses D7000 camera. What's in the creator and copyright fields of your newer image files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you also recognize keywords that are not yours? That would also backup Todd's suggestion that maybe you imported someone elses images. Also, check the serial numbers of the camera(s). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines