Help! Synced to lightroom desktop AND lightroom classic

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Lightroom desktop for a few months before deciding to move to Lightroom Classic. 

I didn't do any research on the migration process, and foolishly synced my entire Lightroom Desktop library to Lightroom Classic. I've realized this is a space nightmare, and I'm trying to solve the space crisis. 

I paused sync and deleted a lot of files in both lightroom versions, ensuring I delete the same files in both. When I unpaused sync (to see if the photos would delete from the cloud), the photos got restored. 

I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish here, I know I've created a mess and I'm seeking advice on how to clean this up if that's even possible! 

I'm open to any suggestions and questions you have. 

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Lightroom Classic catalog is synced, then you must (only) use Lightroom Classic for image management. If you remove an image from the Lightroom Classic catalog, then that image will be deleted from the cloud too. If you just remove it from 'All Synced Photographs' then it gets deleted from the cloud, but not from Lightroom Classic. Vice versa (remove it from Lightroom Classic but not from the cloud) is not possible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines