Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to get started again

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dennis22387545vab5_0-1640364794582.png

Hi made a mess of my 1st attempt with Lightroom. From the above you can see it says there should be photos in my folders. All I want to do is get rid of the ones there and Start a fresh from the beginning now I know a bit more of how to do it. Can anyone HELP please. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. To start from the beginning, you may try creating a new Catalog. Take a look at the following link for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-catalogs.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it but nothing happened where is the dialogue box?
Dennis

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question marks on your folders are easily fixed, see http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm I would think fixing the problem is better than starting over.

I also highly recommend you find some introductory videos on YouTube about Lightroom Classic, and/or read the free beginners e-book at lightroomqueen.com.

Also, please note, your software is called Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom (which is an entirely different software)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks for the message, tried it but nothing happened.
Dennis

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HiThanks for the message, tried it but nothing happened.DennisSent from my iPad
By @Cactiman UK

Explain in detail what you did. Explain in detail what happened. Show us screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cid:image002.png@01D7FA53.862D8A40]

Hi
This is my screen. I have clicked on the ? mark, gone to Find Missing Folder. I click on the missing folder when I find it but nothing happens in LrC.
Does that help you to sort my problem out?
Thanks in anticipation Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture doesn't appear. To include screen captures, click on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Should I be able to have more than one catalogue. If so I could start again in a new one.
Dennis

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a new catalog causes you to lose all of your edits, and all of your user-supplied metadata like keywords and collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help I seem to have got it sorted.

Regards Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines