• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Under saturated photos once exported to iPhone!

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ya'll,

I need HELP! I am a fairly new photographer, still trying to get the hang of things! So far my biggest issue is when I get a photo how I like it on my laptop (ASUS Zenbook Flip15) and export it, it looks SUPER washed out on my iPhone 11+ . I dont know if it's my laptops visuals being "too good" or the video card? I'm not super good with the techy stuff but I'm desperate. For the time being I've been way over saturating in Lightroom Classic so that it looks somewhat normal on my phone for social media etc. but I'm worried about the color on other laptops or prints? Any and all help is appreciated! I really want to ge this resolved and have a more accurate base on both platforms. Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, that program name, Lightroom. Can be confusing thanks to Adobe Marketing.

What exact program do you have

• Lightroom v6.14 or older, a.k.a Lightroom Perpetual, no longer sold or supported by Adobe
  • Lightroom Classic (LrC), currently v10.3
  • Lightroom (Lr) , the cloudy vetsion, a.k.a Lightroom Desktop, nickname Lightroom Cloudy, current version 4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming LrC:

In your export dialog, under file settings, what file type AND what color space?

and see:

The Lightroom Queen | Which color space should I use? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but I'm worried about the color on other laptops or prints? 

Different publishing media may require different export settings. May require separate exports.

Different publishing media may also require different develop module edit decision's.

Examples:

Prints.

Final sharpening

Sharpening for prints needs to consider what paper or other material are they to be printed on, how large, how close will the viewer be to the print. NOte, never sharpen heavily at the beginning of your edits, always sharpen last.

Prints

Sending photos to commercial vendor

Various print providers may have file type reuirements, color space requirements, resolution in pixels (PPI), etc. 

Facebook

Size

what photo dimensions (typically on the long side) will Facebook accept without re-sampling. When  Facebook re-samples it can foul the image up.

Facebook/Social Media

Background when editing

Facebook typically present your photos on a white background, you are probably editing with a gray background. Your perception will be altered by that background. look at the image in LrC with a white Background before exporting.

Photo Sharing Service

Hopefully, if you subscribe to a Photo Sharing Service, a LrC Publishing Service exists and works. That way you do not nee to save an export. Such services as Smugmug. (note, you can forget the Facebook Publish service for non commercial, it will never work again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines