• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Lightroom CC display settings - Library v Develop

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, I got a new PC and had to re-install the software. I thought I had set it up correctly, there really weren't a lot of choices to make. It was not possible to compare settings from the old machine as the new PC was a replacement. 

Anyway, I started noticing really long import times so I changed the Build Previews to Minimal and that seemed to help. But I noticed a difference in what I was seeing. Today it was really noticeable on these portraits. 

Here is the one I edited in Develop mode:

DEVELOP.jpg

And here it is when I switched back to Library - I was like WTH???

LIBRARY.jpg

In short, the photos are not sharp in Develop mode - I shoot real estate professionally, and sharpness is critical so I've been able to work around it until I had time to research it; I know there's something wrong because I wasn't experiencing this on the old PC a few months back.

In this scenario, though, I WANT the softer look, but these two photos look more like a Before and After in reverse.

Here is the System Info I was able to get - may be helpful, IDK. Hope someone can help me get this straightened out....

Lightroom Classic version: 10.1.1 [ 202101041610-8c69aa4e ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19042
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3.6 GHz
SqLite Version: 3.30.1
Built-in memory: 8028.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 8028.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1096.3 MB (13.6%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3528.2 MB
GDI objects count: 985
USER objects count: 2614
Process handles count: 2879
Memory cache size: 10.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.1 [ 658 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 436MB / 4014MB (10%)
Camera Raw real memory: 458MB / 8028MB (5%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1600x900
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (26.20.100.8141)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: C:\Users\alle1\OneDrive\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\alle1\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 8086
Device : 3e91
Subsystem : 9981028
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 128
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024
AudioDeviceName: Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: LR5x64
Direct2DEnabled: false
GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 16
GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 16
GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8
GL_BLUE_BITS: 8
GL_DEPTH_BITS: 24
GL_GREEN_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384
GL_RED_BITS: 8
GL_RENDERER: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.60 - Build 26.20.100.8141
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_VENDOR: Intel
GL_VERSION: 4.6.0 - Build 26.20.100.8141
GPUDeviceEnabled: false
OGLEnabled: true

I stopped copying at GL_Extensions because it just looks like a bunch of garbled nonsense and goes on for about a mile. If needed, let me know. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

The Detail panel settings are unique to this image (out of focus) so I wouldn't use the settings for a preset. Make sure you are at 100% Zoom view and adjust Sharpening Radius by holding down the ALT key, which helps to visualize the edge sharpening. This article should be helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/retouch-photos.html#sharpening_and_noise_reduction

For the Basic panel Tone control ssettings adjustment the below article should be helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/tone-control-adjustment.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sharpness issue has already been addressed but I am also seeing a difference in tint in the image between the screenshots in Library and Develop. The Library screenshot is beigish and the develop screenshot has a bit more blue in it. This is typically due to a bad monitor profile which means your monitor needs to be recalibrated. This is very common on windows machines and is usually caused by bad monitor profiles installed by drivers for the monitor. It can affect perceived sharpness because it can affect contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the sharpness issue has already been addressed but I am also seeing a difference in tint in the image between the screenshots in Library and Develop. The Library screenshot is beigish and the develop screenshot has a bit more blue in it. This is typically due to a bad monitor profile which means your monitor needs to be recalibrated.

By @Jao vdL

Jao, I down loaded the two screenshots (double-arrow launch & Save As) and they are R=G=B on the whole B&W image and GUI. I think it's an optical illusion due to difference in apparent sharpening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I think you are right. Interesting how this sort of thing can easily fool your brain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines