Help with LR6 vs moving on to LR Classic

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 that worked fine on my MacBook Pro (a 2015 version) running High Sierra.

I just upgraded to the newest MacBook Pro that runs on Monterey.

I can no longer open LR 6--keeps asking for me to download application manager for creative cloud--cannot find that.

Further research shows me LR 6 no longer supported by Adobe.

Is there a fix for this problem or should I just move ahead and get LR Classic?  If I move to LR Classic subscription, will it automatically take all my LR 6 catalogues and upgrade them to the newest version of LR that I'm purchasing?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Dana

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Summary-

You need to subscribe to the PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (20GB)

Copy your CATALOGS and your IMAGE FILES to the new system (or shift an external drive with Catalog & files to new system).

Install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App

WIthin the Desktop App, install Lightroom-Classic  (NOT the App simply called Lightroom)

[Double-Click] on a Catalog (.LRCAT) file to 'Open' it, and Lightroom-Classic will upgrade it to work with v11.2

Details for Moving to a new system can be found here-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

And if you have a problem with "Missing" photos or Folders in the Catalog- DO NOT Import photos or Synchronize Folders- instead re-link the Catalog to your files as here- Again- NO IMPORTING of PHOTOS!

MISSING FILES AND FOLDERS-(Computer Darkroom)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.5 Photoshop 23.5.1, ACR 14.5, Lightroom 5.5, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.3, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of your work in the Lightroom 6 catalog will be used by Lightroom Classic on your new computer. Instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines