• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with masking tools

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to see the mask I create unless I am in the masking tool with that mask selected.  How do I keep the mask on when I am out of the tool and also export the picture with the mask?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is possible. When you are out of the mask tools, you will only see the effect of whatever adjustments you made with the mask tools.

Lightroom Classic is a "Parametric Editor". That means it takes the parameters that have been adjusted and works all of those into one finished image. That works behind the scenes without regard to the sequence of editing steps.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlay is not the mask, it is just a tool to show where the mask is applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 "The overlay is not the mask, it is just a tool to show where the mask is applied."

Or to be more presice IMO "...where the ADJUSTMENTS are applied."

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines