• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help With Migrating Apple Photo Library into Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I imported the Masters file.  The way I have my folders set up in LR, is by year.  I'm trying to move my photos from the Masters file into the respective year categories that the photos were taken in.  But LR is seeing duplicate file names and I'm getting a dialogue box saying this, but there's no option to keep all files imported and to auto rename them.  Is there a way to do this quickly, or do I need to go into each Master's file and rename so they will import into my LR folders?

In short, how can I move files within LR into a folder that has the same file name?  I have years and years of photos and this will take me FOR EVER if I do it manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Take a look at this discussion and the link provided in it.

Import from Apple Photos to Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge there is no easy way to migrate from Photos to LR.

By default Photos places the image you import into it in a Package Folder that looks like a File until you right click on it and select "Show Package Contents". Then it will expand into many other folders. Look for one called Masters. In there you will find many other folders usually with dates as their names. In those you will find all your image files.

Adobe did at one time supply a plugin to migrate from Apple iPhoto and Apple Aperture. But as far as I know that doesn't work with Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this discussion and the link provided in it.

Import from Apple Photos to Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another link with information on this topic-

https://photofocus.com/2016/09/20/moving-from-apple-photos-to-lightroom-the-why-and-the-how/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My system: Lightroom 5.1, Mac OS 12.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines