• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with SDK... Search for all unique job identifiers

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started using Job Identifier a lot.  I have probably 30 to 50 different ones now.  I want to write a plug-in that adds a menu item (or two) that creates a list of Job Identifiers much like if I choose Job in the Metadata tab of the filter bar.  The feature will be a search so I can find all job identifiers that contain the word "macro" for example.  And then purhaps add on as I figure out more specific what I would like the plug-in to do.

I have the SDK and poking around looking at the landscape.  I don't yet see a way to create a list of all the job identifiers.  In this case Job Identifier is just an example of one of the metadata fields.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

"I don't yet see a way to create a list of all the job identifiers."

You'll have to get the metadata field "jobIdentifier" from each of the photos in the catalog, e.g.

catalog:batchGetFormattedMetadata (catalog:getAllPhotos (), 
    {"jobIdentifier"})

Then you'd have to scan the results and build a set of unique job identifiers.  catalog:batchGetFormattedMetadadata() isn't very speedy -- depending on which field is being fetched, it can go as slow as several thousand photos per second. So you'll

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't yet see a way to create a list of all the job identifiers."

You'll have to get the metadata field "jobIdentifier" from each of the photos in the catalog, e.g.

catalog:batchGetFormattedMetadata (catalog:getAllPhotos (), 
    {"jobIdentifier"})

Then you'd have to scan the results and build a set of unique job identifiers.  catalog:batchGetFormattedMetadadata() isn't very speedy -- depending on which field is being fetched, it can go as slow as several thousand photos per second. So you'll need to be careful but how and how often you invoke it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.  That is what I was afraid of.  If you notice, when you piddle with the filter bar, it can gather the list of possible choices very quickly.

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines