• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Visual C++ errors

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently switched to PC and I'm having a plethera of errors when trying to use Lightroom Classic (and regular lightroom but I prefer Classic).

When I open Lightroom via directly opening the application file or desktop shortcut it gives me a "The ordinal xxxx cannot be located in the dynamic link library." The ordinal numbers and count are different every time I try to open the application. I can't open it from the Cloud control panel application, the button doesn't do anything. 

I believe that the dynamic link library has to do with Microsoft Visual C++

Over the past months I have already tried the following:

- Uninstalled and resinstalled Lightroom

- Uninstalled and resinstalled Creative Cloud 

- Used the Adobe Cleaner Tool to clear all files

- Resetting registers

- Completely uninstalled all Visual C++ versions, allowed Lightroom to installed them on reinstall of Lightroom

- Uninstalled all Visual C++ versions and manually installed all compatible versions 

- Uninstalled all Visual C++ versions and manually installed the versions Lightroom needs

If it's at all relevant, I do not have a liscense key for Windows. I don't think it is relevant as my other applications that require Visual C++ work fine

All my other Adobe apps (Premire, Photoshop) work completely fine

At my wits end about this, if you have any ideas please share them with me!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom Classic you are using? Since when have you been seeing this error? Is it possible if you could share the screenshot of the error message? 

Make sure you have installed all the pending windows and drivers updates. Try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic by:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank you for the response

I tried ressetting the prefrences per that post but it gives the same error

error.JPG

Here is the error message. It gives this message about 5-10 times with different ordinal numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines