• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Histograms differ between LrC, Photo Mechanic and Sony software

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i an a user of a sony a7 iii and today i realise that i have a very different colors in lightroom. I have the v11,2 version.  The colors between the camera lcd display with the lightroom cannot match even the exposure ... i open 3 different softwares to compare the histograms ... Here you can see that the instogram in lightroom differs a lot . The first is lightroom , second is photo mechanic and the last is sony edit software .. 

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 6.48.18 PM.png

 λιγητρ

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all differ in what they show based upon the data reported, nothing unusual here.

Camera LCD= JPEG.

Lightroom (for raw) equals a ProPhoto RGB like color space (MelissaRGB).

None have anything to do with exposure because they do not show you a raw Histogram. A product like RawDigger does!

This may help too:

Everything you thought you wanted to know about Histograms
Another exhaustive 40-minute video examining:
What are histograms? In Photoshop, ACR, Lightroom.
Histograms: clipping color and tones, color spaces, and color gamut.
Histogram and Photoshop’s Level’s command.
Histograms don’t tell us our images are good (examples).
Misconceptions about histograms. How they lie.
Histograms and Expose To The Right (ETTR).
Are histograms useful and if so, how?

Low rez (YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPsP4HhHhE
High rez: http://digitaldog.net/files/Histogram_Video.mov
Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video , and all the information , but with a canon camera dodnt see such a big differences ... the other programs ( photo mechanic , sony edit ) are closer to the colors that a7 iii produce. Is there any solution for that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 'solution' nor one needed as the Histogram is reporting the current rendering (proprietary in each converter) based on those settings and the color space used to report the Histogram. They differ, they should be expected to differ with raw data.

A JPEG or TIFF is in defined color space and rendered. All three products should show the same Histogram although the scaling may differ. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant get it ... the colors and the brightness are so different . The other program why can produce the same colors? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IF these are raws, then every program renders a preview and the Histogram differently, all proprietary processing.

This is really what your raws look like before any of this (and what RawDigger allows you to see and inspect):

ThisIsRaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines