• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Auto direct Lightroom Classic to newest collection after import

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem: Lightroom Classic used to automatically bring you to the newest collection after importing images to said collection. For whatever reason it stopped doing that a few updates back and I can't figure out how to make it do it again. 

It's annoying because I'm still used to being in the right collection automatically that I start editing in a completely different (the file location)

More detail: Previously, I would upload new images into a Lightroom Classic collection. During the upload, LRC would take me directly to that collection. Currently, it brings me to the folder location automatically. This is an extra unnecessary step. How can I revert back to the previous setting!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > General > Import options, check Select the "Current/Previous Import" collection during import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More detail: Previously, I would upload new images into a Lightroom Classic collection. During the upload, LRC would take me directly to that collection. Currently, it brings me to the folder location automatically. This is an extra unnecessary step. How can I revert back to the previous setting!

By @Alessandro Fresco

To be clear, there are only two locations that can be directly "opened" at the end of an import....either the "current/previous import" collection in the Catalog Panel, or whatever location you had been previously using before the import.

At the end of an import the newly added images will always be located in that "Previous Import" collection, but that collection is dynamically updated by every subsequent import so that only images from the last import will be shown there. During the import you can specify that the newly imported images are additionally added to a standard static collection, but AFAIK it is not possible to have Classic automatically switch the source to that additional collection at the end of the import....unless that additional collection was already selected at the active source prior to the import, and the Preferences option that @Per Berntsen details is NOT enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim you're right that Per's solution did not do what I requested. But I am so confused. Lightroom CC used to automatically go to the collection that I was adding new images by default! I don't understand what changed. This has been an issue for about late 2019.

Are you sure there is no way to automatically get Lightroom to open the collection where new images are being uploaded into immediately after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're mis-remembering. As far as I can remember, Lightroom Classic has always operated the same way, i.e. when the import ends the active source can either be switched to the "Previous Import" collection (so you would then automatically be seeing the new imports) OR you can stay on whatever source had been active at the time of starting the import (which could be the same collection that you are adding the new imports to), but you would of course need to select it first before starting the import.

BTW, in your first post you talked about Lightroom Classic, but in the last post you talked about "Lightroom CC" (which no longer exists) and "Lightroom" (which is the cloud-based version). Please confirm that you are still meaning LrClassic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines