• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i copy the folders (not the images) to a new PC?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I've got a new computer to work with my photos in Lightroom Classic. Does anyone know, how to move all the folders from the old pc to the new pc? I just want ot have my complete folder-structure on the new pc, not the images.

Thanks for your advice.

Michael

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what purpose do you want that? Folders in Lightroom are the real folders on your disk, so it seems rather strange to want the folders on a new computer without the images inside those folders. You say "I've got a new computer to work with my photos in Lightroom Classic". How do you expect to work with your photos on the new PC if you only have empty folders?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Johan,

thanks for answering. It's a problem of a friend. He wants to have all the folders but only images from the new camera he will get soon. His structure is very complex because of more than 90000 images. We will solve the problem.

WMichael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echoing what @JohanElzenga said, why just recreate the folders? 

You may want to review this https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this helpful advice.

WMichael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines