Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i fix this weird halo

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.25.19 PM.png

I'm using a free preset called Seasons and on some photos there'sScreen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.29.12 PM.png a weird halo. How can I fix this? TIA Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 6.27.18 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Looking at the screenshots, this is likely due to the pretty extensive HSL slider settings. There is an extreme desaturation of aqua combined with a huge hue shift that probably affects the background around the baby. Try disabling the HSL section in Develop (the little checkbox in the left top of the HSL panel) and see if the halo disappears. If so, I would experiment a bit with the sliders around the colors that are affected and see if some subtle movement of the sliders can get rid of this. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: There is no clarity/dehaze/texture setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a mask of the subject or background? It looks like the background has been darkened down and that is creating the halo.

The other possibility is that the blue/green color luminance is being darkened with color mixer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the Defringe settings in the Lens corrections panel, they're probably much too high, and targeting wrong colors.

I was able to create a similar effect with the settings below applied to your screenshot.

I never use external presets, and I certainly wouldn't use one that contains defringe settings, which have to be image specific. As far as I can tell, there is no need to use Defringe on this image.

image_2022-03-27_105807.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to show a screen capture of what settings the preset is altering? This should help people narrow down this issue.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with no adjustments from me. Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.19.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.19.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.19.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.20.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-27 at 11.22.05 AM.png i included this screenshot of a photo with the exact same preset, same session, and there's no halo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us the Manual tab of the Lens corrections panel.

image_2022-03-27_183252.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 2.32.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the screenshots, this is likely due to the pretty extensive HSL slider settings. There is an extreme desaturation of aqua combined with a huge hue shift that probably affects the background around the baby. Try disabling the HSL section in Develop (the little checkbox in the left top of the HSL panel) and see if the halo disappears. If so, I would experiment a bit with the sliders around the colors that are affected and see if some subtle movement of the sliders can get rid of this. This is pretty common for strong edits in the HSL panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines