• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I access other catalogs in LR classic.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was working with LR Classic I must have changed to a different catalog or file.  I am unable to see the photos that I was working with.  The photos I am currently seeing are older.  How do I get back to the catalog that contains my lastest work.   As you can tell, I am not a computer nerd.  Inaddition I am a really old guy.  Any suggestions would be helpful.  I assume Adobe does not have a telephone number to call for help.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR Classic, go to the File Menu, and choose "Open Recent." You should see a list of the most recent catalogs, and you can pick one.

If the catalog you're seeking isn't in that list, you can choose the File Menu, and select "Open Catalog," which will allow you to brose to the location of your catalog file and choose it directly.

Finally, if you know where your catalog file is located, you can find it in Windows Explorer (Or MacOS Finder) and simply double click the .lrcat catalog file to launch LR Classic with that catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steps are given below-

Choose File > Open Catalog and select the catalog that you want as the master (or primary) catalog. This is the catalog you want to add photos to.

Choose File > Import From Another Catalog and navigate to the catalog that contains the photos you want to add from. Then, click Open (Windows) or Choose (macOS).

In the Import From Catalog dialog box:

Under Catalog Contents, select the folders that contain the photos you want to import.

Specify how you want to handle new and existing photos. For more information on these options, see Import photos from a different Lightroom Classic catalog.

Click Import.

Repeat steps 1 – 4 for additional catalogs or photos that you want to add to the open one.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines